{Recipe} Caramel Frozen Hot Chocolate

3 Flares 3 Flares ×

Just because it’s almost summer doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy hot chocolate. You just need to make a few adjustments! This is the classic Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe, but with a little something extra. I added creamy caramel flavor with Natural Bliss Caramel.

The recipe is very easy to make. Melt 3 ounces of chocolate in a double boiler. Add 2 teaspoons of hot chocolate mix and 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar to the melted chocolate and stir well. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of milk, stirring everything together. Allow everything to reach room temperature.

Add the chocolate mixture along with 3 cups of ice, 3/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of Natural Bliss Caramel flavor  to your blender. Blend on high speed until you get a slushy texture.

Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Delicious!

You can find Natural Bliss coffee creamer from Coffee Mate in the dairy section at Walmart. Choose your favorite flavor: Sweet Cream, Caramel or Vanilla. Each bottle of Natural Bliss contains just four ingredients-milk, cream, sugar and natural flavors. You can even save $1 on two bottles with this printable coupon. Who knew natural could be so delicious? (I hear it’s great in coffee, too!)
You can check out my entire shopping trip in my Google+ Album.

Stay In Touch With Coffee Mate Natural Bliss
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric All photos and opinions are my own.
Signature

3 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 2 Pin It Share 1 StumbleUpon 0 Buffer 0 Reddit 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 3 Flares ×

Last updated by at .

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge

Comments

1. WillCookForSmiles says:

Mmmm…sounds good!

2. I will definitely be trying this out!

3. Carolyn says:

Yum! This sounds perfect for a hot summer day.

4. Jayna Denbow says:

ooooh looks yummy!! Gonna have to try this stuff :)

5. Oh wow! That looks so delicious;p

6. Dentistmel says:

What a great idea! Thank you so much- another way to use my Caramel Natural Bliss!

7. Ooooh! That looks DELICIOUS!

8. @MimiBakerMN says:

YUM! I’m completely in the mood for something frozen to drink. The weather has been fantastic here the last few days and this is exactly what the doctor ordered!

9. BrandiMamaKnowsItAll says:

Oh my, this looks amazing! I am going to make this for my family. I need to impress them!!

10. It’s so easy-but I’m sure they’ll think you’re a kitchen rock star!

11. Nice! I can’t even think of hot drinks right now…we’ve been in summer temps for ages now! (Makes me a little scared of when summer actually gets here!)

12. It really is. (I’m having to fight against making it again every day!)

13. Hope you love it!

14. It is! Sort of like a summer drink and dessert all in one!

15. Hope you love it! (But I’m sure you will…it all rocks!)

16. It’s so good, Chacoy! You’ll have to try it! :)

17. And addictive too! :) (But you should still try it!)

18. Isn’t the caramel awesome? Love, love, love it!

19. OMG! That looks so good! I love how easy these treats are. As a mom of four I don’t have a lot of time, but this looks doable!

20. Doodle741 says:

Oh – I need one – STAT! I know what’s on my grocery list!! (PS: What if I don’t have a double broiler?!)

21. My double boiler is just a glass bowl in a sauce pan with water. :) You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Just be careful because it’s easy to burn chocolate. Try microwaving slowing on medium power.