I’ve always thought of the prepackaged Rice Krispies Treats as a fun snack when you didn’t want to make them yourself. I never thought of them as the starting point for creativity…until now! (Find out how you can win an amazing prize package by voting on your favorite Rice Krispies Treats Kreation.)
To make my farm friends, start with a 1-1/2″ cookie cutter to make several circles.
Using the leftovers from cutting your Rice Krispies Treats, form ears and feathers to help shape the base for each animal’s face. To create the texture for the sheep, tear off small pieces of Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows and cover the top of one circle. Flatten one whole marshmallow and press it into the center, where the sheep’s face will be. Press two mini M&M’s into a mini marshmallow to use on the face of the cow. You can also use a full size M&M for the snout, as was done on the pig. After creating the bases for each face, insert the Rice Krispies Treats onto lollipop sticks. Melt colored candy melts in the microwave at half power. I found that spooning the candy melts over the treats was the easiest way to ensure full coverage. Cool on parchment paper.
The cow’s spots and chick’s beak were created by drawing on the treats with a toothpick dipped in candy melts. Flatten a mini marshmallow and dip in black candy melts to create the face of the sheep. Create the eyes by placing mini M&M’s in a dot of vanilla frosting. You can add additional details to your animals by carving into the candy with another toothpick.
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Miniature Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Mini M&Ms
- Plain M&Ms
- White, Black, Yellow, Orange and Pink Candy Melts
- Vanilla Frosting
- Lollipop Sticks
- Use 1.5” round cookie cutter to cut circles in the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Use excess from cut treats to mold into ears and feathers.
- Tear mini marshmallow into small pieces and cover the top of treats that will become sheep.
- Place shaped treats on lollipop sticks.
- Melt candy melts in microwave at half power until smooth.
- Use spoon to help cover treats with candy melts.
- A plain M&M becomes the snout of the pig.
- A mini marshmallow flattened and dipped in black candy melt becomes the face of your sheep.
- Use a toothpick dipped in candy melts to paint the spots on your cows and beaks on your chicks.
- Add a few spoons of vanilla frosting into a plastic sandwich bag.
- Cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag.
- Using the bag, pipe two dots of frosting onto each farm friend and top with a Mini M&M to create their eyes.
There’s a great contest featuring several new Krispies Kreations. (Including my Farm Friends Rice Krispies Treats!)
By voting for your favorite recipe, you’ll be entered to win one of 20 prize packages!
Prize packages include:
$250 Bank-issued, pre-loaded Gift Card;
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares
Beats Pills™ Portable Stereo Speaker by Dr. Dre™
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows (10 oz.)
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed Chocolate Swirl snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
(1) Jet-Puffed Strawberry snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed S’moresMallows
(1) bag of Jet-Puffed StarMallows (8 oz.)
Assorted MARS products
(1) M&M’s® dispenser
(1) M&M’s® Milk Chocolate Laydown Bag
(1) M&M’s® Peanut Laydown bag
Amazing, right? Vote from March 24-May 3, 2015. Get all of the details at the Kelloggs Family Rewards website. (And I’d love it if you’d vote for me!)
You can also vote once a week on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram! Just use #RKTreatSweeps along with your vote and email the link to RKTSweeps@Kelloggs.com!
Pick up everything you need to create your favorite Krispies Kreation while picking up your groceries! I got all of my supplies at Walmart.