Deep down I feel like I’m 12 years old most of the time. That’s the only logical explanation for my office toy collection. So clearly, Force Friday is a national holiday. After watching the global unboxing event, I’m even more excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And it’s honestly hard to imagine getting any more excited than I was after D23 EXPO.
Over 3,000 stores opened their doors at midnight for fans to grab up the first products to launch. I was stuck with a headache most of yesterday, so I didn’t get the chance to venture out until the shelves were already a little empty. I missed the Sphero BB-8 I wanted, but I’m going to pretend with my new Funko Pop! version for now.
- Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
- Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs (31” and 48”) from JAKKS Pacific
- Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® Star Wars character car assortment and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
- Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
- Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
- Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
- Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
- London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
- Rio de Janeiro: Star Wars Black Series 6” figure assortment from Hasbro
- ‘Good Morning America’ (New York): LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
- Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spin Master
- Chicago: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Role Play for kids exclusive to Disney Store
- Mexico City: Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe NERF Blaster from Hasbro
- San Francisco: Star Wars Battle Action Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
- Los Angeles: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe Dameron’s X-Wing Vehicle from Hasbro
There was even a special unboxing on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’with Jimmy and his security guard sidekick Guillermo, showcasing Star Wars: The Force Awakens Voice Changing Masks exclusive to Disney Store.
You can find new Star Wars products around the world at retailers like Amazon.com, Kohl’s, Target, Toys “R” Us and Walmart, as well as Disney Store and disneystore.com. Of course things are just getting started. There’s plenty more on the way once we’re closer to the movie’s December 18, 2015 release date. That includes the Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars: The Force Awakens edition!