Thank you to Disney and Marvel Studios for hosting me during the Ant-Man and the Wasp event, which included this Peyton Reed interview.
Last October I visited the set of Ant-Man and the Wasp. Last October I spent all of my time trying to get some juicy spoilers. My success was limited to say the least. Marvel runs a tight-lipped ship. Now that the movie is in theaters and we’ve all finally seen it, surely I could get some insider information, right? Some hint at what we’ll see next?
So what did we find out from Peyton Reed?
- He wants you to separate the mid-credit stinger from the movie in your mind.
- The mid-credit scene was not planned until they were well into the filming process.
- The scene allowed them to function as both a stand-alone movie and also address what happened in Infinity War.
- He considers the movie a sequel to not only Ant-Man, but also to Captain America: Civil War.
- Peyton played Drums in a Morrissey/Smiths cover band called “Louder Than Bombs”. That introduced him to the large following Morrissey had in the Los Angeles Latino community and inspired the references in the film.
- They did purposefully lay the groundwork for Cassie Lang to become a hero in the movies like her character in the comics, but Peyton says he doesn’t know of specific future plans.
- Peyton has ideas for how he’d like to see these characters progress. He feels like this movie answered the question of whether Ant-Man and the Wasp can work together as partners, but that the possibilities are endless for where they go next.
Endless possibilities? So much for future spoilers. But we did get you some juicy behind the scenes information, right?
Check out all of the Ant-Man and the Wasp action
I have a behind the scenes look at the making of Ant-Man and the Wasp from my visit to the set, along with tons of Ant-Man the the Wasp interviews from the #AntManandtheWaspEvent! Find it all right here on the blog. Ant-Man and the Wasp is in theaters now.
From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes ANT-MAN AND THE WASP, a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink. In the aftermath of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside the Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP is directed by Peyton Reed and stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, Walton Goggins, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, Tip “T.I.” Harris, David Dastmalchian, Hannah John Kamen, Abby Ryder-Fortson, Randall Park, with Michelle Pfeiffer, with Laurence Fishburne and Michael Douglas.