OK, so it’s the height of ego to think you might care about my resolutions for the new year. I don’t even like resolutions. But…it’s tradition. For the last two years I’ve created a bucket list for the coming year, each year adding one more thing to the list. So…without further ado…my Fifteen goals for 2015.
The stuff from last year’s list that I never got around to doing:
1. Learn to play my guitar. This is making it’s triumphant third appearance on the list! How awesome is that? I still have a guitar. I still can’t play it. It’s really pretty, though.
2. Renew my passport. Seriously, third time saying this one, too. And it’s getting real. I think I have less than two weeks before it’s a whole new passport application and not a renewal.
The stuff from last year’s list that still need improvement:
3. Get better at shooting in manual. I shoot in manual now. Yay! I bought a lot of new camera gear! Yay! I still don’t know what the hell I’m doing… Yay?
4. Purge more. And not that whole annual purge like in the movie thing…although that is a thought. I’m talking about getting rid of stuff. I’ve gotten rid of a lot of stuff in the last year. I still have a ton of stuff to go. Buhbye, stuff. It’s not me. It’s you.
5. Finish those projects around the house. I got new floors this year! Of course they still need trim. And the garage needs to be finished. The shelves in my craft room need to be painted. You get the idea. Perpetual projects? I gots them.
6. Travel more. I went to Florida twice! I went to San Jose! I went Philadelphia! I went to Bentonville! (Shut up-it was amazing!) I totally did not spend last year at home. But…I need more. I want more. North Carolina, I love you, but I want to leave you a lot this year. A. Lot.
7. Save more. I saved my heart out this year. I built up a pretty sweet emergency fund. But…I’m making big changes in 2015 professionally. My income will be cut. My goal is to not use said emergency fund, and maybe even add a little to it. Have I mentioned how much I like to shop? This will be a wee bit of a challenge.
8. Publish more tutorials. So, you guys like it when I make stuff. My Maleficent horns and Frozen barrettes were two of my top posts this year. Yay! And guess what? I like it when I make stuff, too. I’m working on making sure I have plenty of time to make plenty of stuff in the coming year. Lots of time. All the crafts. Tutorials for days…
The stuff I know I’ll totally accomplish:
9. Get lots of pedicures. I actually thought this was on last year’s list but it wasn’t. It was probably on my 2013 list. Regardless…it’s a good goal. If you like pedicures, obviously. If you don’t like pedicures-that’s just strange. Pedicures are awesome! At some point I realized I loved them and I only got one or two a year. That’s insane. They’re a luxury, sure…but at least it’s an affordable one. In 2014 I think I averaged one every two weeks. It makes me happy. Sorry, not sorry. 2105? Yes. More pedicures, please.
10. Get more facials. See above when I talked about getting more pedicures? Same thing. I love facials. LOVE. Sadly, they’re not quite as affordable a luxury as pedicures, but…I’m making it work. I bought a monthly package at my spa. See number 7? I’m totally saving money. Sort of. Don’t judge. This will make me happy.
The stuff that probably won’t happen:
11. Workout more. It’s a list of goals for the new year. I think I’m contractually obligated to say something like this. So…consider it said. I’m going to work out more. Maybe. Probably not.
12. To only eat sugar when I’m paid to eat sugar. Not unlike what I mentioned above, I have to say something about how I’m going to eat in the new year, right? I should detox and cleanse and eat plants and whatnot, obviously. Really, though, my only goal is to cut back on sugar. A lot. But not at the expense of my blog. Sugary baked treats do well Pinterset. So if I’m having sugar it has to be for a recipe going on the blog. That’s a fair compromise, right? And seriously, don’t recommend I bake something and not eat it myself. That’s just insanity.
13. Make sense of my closets. Here’s a fun fact: my house has nine closets. NINE. Plus an attic, a garage and a garage attic. Storage space? I gots it. And none of it makes any sense. At all. There is no logic to my closet situation. I’d like logical closets. There’s just one problem. I’m scared of my closets. At this point there could be a passage to Narnia in one of them and I wouldn’t know it. Mo closets, mo problems.
The stuff that needs to happen:
14. I’m going to get totes organized. Yeah, I just said totes. I know nobody says totes anymore and even if they did I’m too old to do it. What of it? Anyway, I’m a Virgo. I’m organized. But I’m sort of an organized chaos type. This year I want to keep the organized, lose the chaos. This doesn’t include my closets. I’m realistic.
15. I’m going to ask for what I want. Sometimes stuff just magically appears in your life without you putting forth any effort. That’s totally great when it happens, but that’s the exception. The truth is most of the time you have to ask for what you want. So this year I’m going to ask for what I want. I’ll start now. I want a unicorn.