So today is my birthday. In a lot of ways I still feel like a kid. I frequently act like a kid and I don’t think I look my age. Of course sometimes I still get whacked upside the head with the knowledge that I am indeed getting older. And I’m pretty sure I don’t like it. So today to celebrate I’m sharing five ways I know I’m getting older every day.
1. When you can feel the weather. Seriously…when it’s about to rain I know it. I thought I had years left before this started to happen.
2. When you look on Facebook and see a post where someone mentions spending time with their grandchild. And you realize the poster was a high school classmate. (Yes, this happened. Yes she was very young to be a grandmother. It doesn’t help…)
3. When you find yourself looking up Know Your Meme once a week or more to figure out something you saw online. Kids these days…
4. When you don’t get carded anymore. Ever. (OK, I was carded well into my 30s. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt when I see some people getting carded and I don’t.)
5. When instead of looking forward to the weekends so you can go out you look forward to the weekends so you can stay in. (How did I ever make it out three times a week when I was younger?)
So come join me in a slice of cake. And I won’t get upset if you tell me I don’t like a day over 29.