I think almost everyone I know wishes there were more hours in the day. We’re always running around with our minds racing, a million or more things to do. How can you make your life a little easier while you’re on the go?
1. Plan ahead. Make sure you’re ready for tomorrow before you go to bed. If you have your bags packed and lunch ready you’ll save time in the morning instead of rushing at the last minute.
2. Don’t procrastinate. I confess, I’m pretty guilty of this one. I will put things off and make myself rush at the last minute to get what I need done. Things are always easier to do when the clock isn’t ticking loudly over your shoulder!
3. Go against the flow. Things always take longer when you do them in crowds. I try to travel in the off season, shop when the stores are empty. It takes so much less time and doesn’t cause nearly as much stress as shopping at peak times or going to crowded locations!
4. Expect the unexpected. I love keeping my house full of things I might need later like cold medicine, toiletries, a stocked pantry, etc. Then I don’t have to rush out at the last minute to pick things up as I need them.
5. Make lists. I swear by them. I make a list when I’m packing for a trip, I make a list when I’m working on a project, I make a list before I go to the store. Lists are the ultimate time saver. (And nothing is quite as satisfying as marking something off your list once it’s done!)
6. Use technology to your advantage. I have saved tons of time and energy looking up directions on my phone or searching the web for an answer instead of running around on a wild goose chase. Search before you go!
7. Don’t forget to be flexible. They say the only thing constant is change. And it’s really so true. I have seen so many people waste both time and energy worrying when things go wrong instead of just rolling with the punches. Be prepared to adapt and things will be so much less stressful!
8. Take good care of yourself. I see so many people take such good care of others that they forget to take care of themselves. If you’re running around all day with errands and car pools you’re neglecting yourself. So don’t feel guilty taking a little time out for a coffee or a pedicure. You’ll be better for it.
9. Don’t rush. All this talk about running around and I forgot to mention the speed limit. Don’t go to fast of you’re likely to miss something. Take your time, prioritize and don’t forget to stop and smell the roses. You’ll be more productive if you actually slow down and do it right the first time.
10. Don’t forget to ask for help. You have someone there that is going to be happy to help you out if you would only ask. So when things seem a little too crazy, don’t forget to ask for help. The worst they can do is say no!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.