I’ve thoroughly enjoyed pepperminting all of my holiday recipes this year. Even though I’ve been a little heavy-handed with the minty ideas, I think we have room for one more peppermint bark-inspired recipe! This Peppermint Bark Muddy Buddies recipe is easy to make and a really kid friendly. No stove means they can be hands-on helpers the entire time!
I’m using the classic Muddy Buddies recipe, with a few edits.
- 9 cups Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peppermint candy chips
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chips, chocolate spread and butter for 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave for an addition 30 seconds, if needed, until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until fully coated.
- Split chocolate covered cereal into two gallon sized Ziploc® bags and add half of powdered sugar and peppermint chips to each.
- Shake well.
- Spread on cookie sheet or waxed paper to cool.
- Store in Ziploc® bags in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Namely replacing the peanut butter with chocolate spread (you know, the stuff you find on the same aisle as the peanut butter) and adding peppermint candy chips.
Festive Ziploc® bags are perfect for storing your Peppermint Bark Muddy Buddies until you’re ready to serve. They also make it so easy to transport your sweet party mix to your next holiday gathering!
You can find great saving on Chex™ and Ziploc® products now at Publix! To help you celebrate the holidays even more, one of you will win $10 in PayPal cash-Good Luck!