Mezzetta was kind enough to send me a whole box of goodies. It was the perfect chance to work on another #MakeThatSandwich entry. (I want to win!)
I’m a huge fan of pizza and lived on homemade pizza pockets with my illegal sandwich maker in college. (High heat appliances were a huge no-no!) Now that I’m vegetarian (*sniff* I’ll miss you, pepperoni!) I’m working to perfect a new hot pizza sandwich that’s every bit as good.
Mezzetta has me covered, though. I just layered country white bread with their marinara sauce (they have pizza sauce, too-the marinara was just what I happened to have) with sliced olives, red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and mozzarella. A few minutes in the panini press and you have an ooey, gooey sandwich that will absolutely need a fork! (And will satisfy any pizza craving!)
Have you entered the #MakeThatSandwich contest yet? Hurry-time’s running out!
- Country White Bread
- Mezzetta Pizza or Marinara Sauce
- Mezzetta Pitted, Sliced Olives
- Mezzetta Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- Mezzetta Julienne Cut Sun-Riped Dried Tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Spread a slice of country white bread with pizza or marinara sauce. Add silces of fresh mozzarella and layer with olives, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Toast in panini press until brown.