I’m going to let you in on a little secret. My stuffing stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite recipes on my blog. I get requests for them on a pretty regular basis. I also try to make them as mild as possible because not everyone is a spice fiend like me. But these spicy stuffed mushrooms? These are all mine. Well, they’re mine and anyone who’s willing to risk the heat. They’re mouth on fire mushrooms. So, you know, you’ve been warned! This recipe is similar to my stuffing stuffed mushrooms with just a few twists. Start with a cup of Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs. Mix those with one cup of cream cheese, one cup of parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Stuff into hulled mushrooms and bake at 350 degrees until browned. Oh, and I’ve tried it a million other ways. I still stand by my melon baller method of hulling mushrooms. It works the best.
- Whole Mushrooms
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Remove stems form mushrooms.
- Carefully use a melon baller to create room to stuff the mushrooms.
- Combine cream cheese, parmesan and bread crumbs in bowl with cayenne and red pepper flakes.
- Use hands to thoroughly mix.
- Carefully stuff mushroom caps with mixture. Hold tightly in the palm of your hand to keep the mushroom from cracking too much while stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees until nicely browned.
Feel free to jack up the heat by adding more pepper. Or dial it back if you’re not quite that brave. It’s up to you!