There’s nothing I love more than making things. The only problem is when it’s your job to make things, it’s your job. Sometimes it can suck the joy right out of it. That’s why I decided this weekend to have a little fun. Make a mess. No ending point when I started other than having fun. The end result? An easy and fun spin art canvas.
The secret to spin art is getting your paint mixed just right. You’ll need to add a little water to acrylic craft paint to get it to spin properly. Too much water and it gets kind of icky and water color-y. Too little and you’ll just have a blob of paint no matter how hard you spin. How, exactly, are we going to spin this thinned out paint? With a salad spinner! I had an inexpensive one from Ikea still sitting in the wrapper. Perhaps because I only buy bagged lettuce? Perhaps because I don’t eat enough salads? Whatever the reason, my salad spinner was perfect for creating a little art. A piece of masking tape will hold your paper in place while you spin.
Although the salad spinner will keep your paint from spinning all over your house, this isn’t exactly a mess-free project. Paint will definitely get on whatever surface you’re using. More than likely you’ll get some paint on you, too. Don’t worry. It’s all part of the fun. We can clean it up later.After my little spin art pieces were dry, I pulled out my trusty circle cutter to turn my spin art into round shapes. Then I used some gloss decoupage medium to attach the rounds to a black canvas.
It totally reminds me of an ultra modern art piece from the mid 80s! (In my world, that’s a compliment.) I used black and gold because I’m obsessed with black and gold…but think of how much fun you can have with some crazy bright colors!
Whatever colors you choose, don’t worry about the mess. Pre-treat stains with Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster to get more out of your laundry-it removes four times more stains than detergent alone!
To remove tough stains:
- Apply product directly to stains.
- Rub gently and allow to set for 5-10 minutes. Don’t allow it to dry on fabric.
- Wash as usual with Clorox 2 and your favorite detergent!
To remove stains and boost colors:
- For standard washing machines, add product to the wash basin along with your favorite detergent.
- Fill the cap to the first fill line for small or regular loads and to the second fill line for large or extra-large loads.
- For HE washing machines, fill to the first fill line and add product with your favorite detergent in the detergent dispenser.
- For best results, start the washer and add both detergent and product before adding clothes.
- For extra-dirty clothes, pre-soak the garments before starting in mixture of 1 cap-full of product (to the first line) and 2 gallons of water (the warmest water recommended on the care label). Pre-soak for 30 minutes.
You can find more tips on how to get more out of life and laundry from Clorox! One of you will also win a Clorox 2 gift pack which includes a Cloud 9 Living gift card. Talk about getting the most out of life!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am participating in a VIN campaign for Clorox® . I am receiving a fee for posting; however, the opinions expressed in this post are my own. I am in no way affiliated with Clorox® and do not earn a commission or percent of sales.