Thanks to my friends at Sony Home Entertainment for providing me with a box full of fun surprises that inspired this swan piñata, This post includes affiliate links.
I’ve been talking for a few weeks about making a new piñata. When I was asked to celebrate the release of The Swan Princess: A Royal Wedding, I knew a swan piñata had to happen!
- White Crepe Paper
- School Glue
- Masking Tape
- Orange Paper
- Black Paper
- Glitter Paper (Optional)
- Googly Eyes
- Draw a simple swan shape on cardboard.
- Cut out the cardboard swan and use that to create an identical second cutout.
- Cut out strips of pasteboard into equal widths. This can be an empty cereal box or something similar.
- Use masking tape to attach the pasteboard to the sides of one swan cutout. If you want to add a loop of twine for hanging or add a flap door for stuffing your piñata with candy, you will need to do so as part of this step.
- Attach the second swan cutout to the other side of the pasteboard with more masking tape.
- Cut multiple lengths of fringe from white crepe paper. You can create a small stack to cut multiple pieces of crepe paper at once.
- Add crepe paper fringe in rows to pinata with school glue.
- Work in sections, and wait until the glue dries before trimming off excess fringe.
- Cover the entire pinata in crepe paper fringe, adding additional layers in any areas where it looks like it might be needed.
- Cut beak out of orange and black construction paper or cardstock and glue to the beak area of the piñata. Glue on googly eyes and add a crown cut out of gold glitter paper, if desired.
August is Family Fun Month, a time to celebrate family with fun activities. Now that The Swan Princess: A Royal Wedding is available, you can make it a part of your next family movie night!
Want to save this Swan Piñata for later? Click on the photo below to add this to Pinterest!