This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySweetness #CollectiveBias
I’m a little obsessed with all things sweet and salty. I’m constantly on the hunt for the best possible combination of both flavors. I’m also obsessed with keeping things as easy as possible during the holidays. (It’s my busy season here on the blog.) That’s why I’m so in love with how easy these cookie bars and candy bark are to make. Sweet and salty plus easy is my happy place!
I grabbed the Red & Green Holiday 52 oz. Bag of M&M’S® on my last trip to Sam’s Club. It’s more than enough to keep me stocked with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate for all of my holiday baking. The resealable, stand-up bag also keeps my M&M’S® fresh and makes it easy to take them along for a snack on those holiday road trips!
- 1 Package Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 Stick of Butter, Softened
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup M&M’S® Milk Chocolate
- ½ Cup Crushed Pretzels
- ½ Cup Crushed Potato Chips
- Add all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture into greased baking dish.
- Top with additional M&M’S®.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to fully cool.
- Cut into bars and serve.
I can certainly make cookies from scratch. It’s not that hard. But using bagged cookie mix makes this recipe extra easy. Plus, as long as it’s a recipe that requires you to add butter and eggs, no one is going to know the difference. I promise!
Do make sure you let your sweet and salty candy cookie bars fully cool before attempting to slice. Don’t ask me how I know how important this is…
Barks always make a fun and easy treat. Adding potato chips and pretzels to chocolate? That just makes it that much better.
- 1½ Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1½ Cups Milke Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Crushed Potato Chips
- 1 Cup Crushed Pretzels
- 1 Cup M&M’S® Milk Chocolate
- Melt white chocolate chips at half power in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread white chocolate on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Top with crushed pretzels and potato chips.
- Place in freezer for approximately two minutes to set.
- Melt milk chocolate.
- Spread milk chocolate on top of white chocolate, potato chips and pretzels.
- Top with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate.
- Place in feezer for two minutes to set.
- Break into small pieces.
When setting up your chocolate, do use your freezer. Just don’t use it for more than a few minutes. Any longer and you’ll get condensation on your chocolate which will make it sticky and messy. Don’t ask me how I know how important this is…
Thinner bark you can break by hand. If your bark is thick you’ll probably need to grab a knife.
Store your bars and your bark in an air-tight container and both will last for several days. Place them in a cute container and they make a perfect holiday gift. ‘Tis the season, after all!
Click the photo below to save to Pinterest.