This gourmet mac and cheese recipe is sponsored.
It’s no secret that I love my mac & cheese. I normally throw together a quick batch when I’m craving it. Nothing wrong with that. I like taking shortcuts in the kitchen. That doesn’t mean I don’t occasionally make something that requires a little extra effort. Gourmet mac and cheese isn’t something you make all the time. It’s something you make when you want to make the time.
What cheese should you use in gourmet mac and cheese?
Sometimes you just want to stay in and watch a movie and enjoy some kicked up comfort food. This one is all about the cheese. Actually, life is all about the cheese. But specifically in this gourmet mac and cheese recipe, you want to use something great like Stella’s Romano Cheese.
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Grated White Cheddar
- 1 Cup Grated Stella Romano
- 1/2 Pound Macaroni
- Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Paprika to taste
- Breadcrumbs (Homemade)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk for one minute.
- Add milk and continue to whisk until it’s bubbly and thick.
- Remove from heat and add grated cheeses and seasonings.
- Boil macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Stir macaroni into cheese sauce.
- Pour macaroni and cheese sauce into greased ramekins.
- Top with coarsely chopped homemade bread crumbs tossed with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is browned.
After the cheese, what really makes this are the homemade breadcrumbs. Those are a total snap to make. Lightly toast some bread, throw it in the chopper, then toss with a little butter. They’re the perfect topper to this dish.
Want to save this mac & cheese recipe for later? Click on the photo below to add to Pinterest!