This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TidingsAndTreats #CollectiveBias
Rice Krispies Treats have always been one of my favorite holiday desserts. I remember discovering just how simple they were to make and there was no looking back. I love how easy it is to switch things up with embellishments for the holidays, yet it’s still the same treat you grew up with and love.
The idea of an ornament Rice Krispies Treat isn’t anything new, but I thought it would be fun to create ornament piñatas. How cool would it be to bite into your Rice Krispies Treat and find candy or sprinkles? All you need are the classic Rice Krispies Treats ingredients along with an ornament mold from the craft store.
You can even use Cocoa Krispies for a fun twist on the classic!
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Extra butter for coating molds and hands
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows for two minutes.
- Stir and return to the microwave for one additional minute.
- Continue to microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add Rice Krispies to marshmallows and stir well until fully combined.
- Allow to cool for five minutes, then press Rice Krispies into buttered ornament molds.
- Leave a small space in the center of the mold for sprinkles.
- Add sprinkles to Rice Krispies before combining each half of the ornament mold.
If your ornament shaped Rice Krispies Treats begin to fall apart, it’s probably because they’re still too warm. Allow them to cool a bit more and then press them together again.
Once your Rice Krispies Treats Piñatas have cooled, give them a decorate winter coat of melted white chocolate and more sprinkles. You can never have enough sprinkles, amirite?
These Rice Krispies Treats Santa Coats are another delicious way to celebrate the season!
On your next Target run, look for the limited edition red and green Rice Krispies! They’re another way you can step up your treat making game.
Now when you buy two boxes of Rice or Cocoa Krispies at Target you can get a free bag of Jet-Puffed Marshmallows! The offer is good until 12/3/16 and the discount will be taken at the register. Rice Krispies will also donate a toy to Toys for Tots when you share a photo of your treats on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter from now until January 1, 2017! Just use the hashtag #Treats4Toys when you post!
For more Kellogg inspiration, visit the social hub!